Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com> on 2001/04/27 08:17:55 UTC

Conflicts in versions? (falsehope RPMs)

Seems there may be some intrinsic incompatibility in the falsehope RPM
bundles for Cocoon 1.8.2 and Tomcat 3.3: installing both on a bare
machine using RPMs from ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez runs into
the solid brick wall of

  Error loading logicsheet at
  resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl

The libs are only what is bundled with tomcat-3.3-m2.1.noarch.rpm
and cocoon-1.8.2-2.noarch.rpm, plus the IBM 1.3 JDK, all of it under
Mandrake 8.0.

I get the same message whether or not I use Apache or just go direct
to the tomcat port 8080.

The tomcat RPM demands xerces-j 1.2 or greater, so I tried
xerces-j-1.3.1-1.noarch.rpm but it makes no difference if I use this
or use the xerces that is bundled with Cocoon.

If I comment out that util.xsl in the cocoon.properties, it fails on
the next processor.xsp.logicsheet

If I remove the tomcat jaxp or rename xerces to a_xerces, it has
no impact on this: I get the same message.

I have cocoon logging turned up to debug, but there are no logging
messages in any of the /var/tomcat/log or /var/logs/httpd files,
and nothing in syslog or messages: Where do these messages go?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc