Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Conrad Crampton <co...@SecData.com> on 2016/05/06 09:36:11 UTC

Nifi versions and upgrades

Hi,
I have followed the advice on upgrade planning [1] and [2] and had success since upgrading from 0.4.1 to 0.6.1 (via .5x) or so I thought!
I am using ansible to perform the upgrades to 6 node cluster but then go into each server to do a ./nifi.sh install to install new version as service. Running service nifi start shows correct bootstrap messages in that 0.6.1 is running with correct home (/opt/nifi-0.6.1) and all seems fine. There is a /work directory expanded with all correct versions of nars etc. and ps aux | grep nifi shows that nifi is in fact running from /opt/nifi-0.6.1.

So what’s the problem?

In the UI, I was trying to use the new ListenTCP processor and it isn’t listed when I drag the processors onto the workspace (I get 125 processors listed), and when I do help…about, I get 0.5.1 as version.

Can anyone suggest how to force UI to update (if indeed this is the problem)??

Thanks
Conrad

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Upgrading+NiFi
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Migration+Guidance

SecureData, combating cyber threats
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT

Re: Nifi versions and upgrades

Posted by Conrad Crampton <co...@SecData.com>.
Ok, will do
Cheers