Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Eric Fixler <fi...@idiom.com> on 2002/05/16 08:02:20 UTC

What level JDK compatibility should contributions be at?

What JDK version Should patches/fixes/additions to the lucene source
tree be compatible with?

thanks
eric

Re: Latent Semantic Analysis?

Posted by John Caron <ca...@unidata.ucar.edu>.
Hello Lucene Developers:

I have been lurking on this list for a while, and this question is good
excuse to introduce myself. I have an implementation of LSA that I have been
planning to modify to fit into the Lucene framework Real Soon Now. I would
be interested in collaborating with others, or just hearing how it should
work and/or design thoughts.

Ive been thinking about LSA as a search algorithm; i have some other ideas
about clustering, but havent had time to test any of them.

Some details of previous LSA work are available at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/caron/faqo/index.html

(in fact, if you look at the FAQO demo, you will notice that I've been
archiving this maillist since Oct, so you can try LSA out on it. PS: sorry i
dont have any real docs yet, but have a look at the online help).

Re: What level JDK compatibility should contributions be at?

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 5/16/02 2:04 PM, "Brian Goetz" <br...@quiotix.com> wrote:

> The majority of sites have moved to 1.3, but the differences in coding
> between 1.2 and 1.3 are minor.  I would suggest 1.2.

+1.2

;-)

-jon

Re: What level JDK compatibility should contributions be at?

Posted by Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>.
> What JDK version Should patches/fixes/additions to the lucene source
> tree be compatible with?

The choice is between 1.2 and 1.3; 1.1 is ancient history and 1.4 is
still bleeding edge from a commercial perspective.