Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Adam Montville <Ad...@cisecurity.org> on 2015/01/26 19:12:25 UTC

Hadoop Security Community

All:

The Center for Internet Security (CIS) has established a Community focused on defining a configuration benchmark for Hadoop.  We are in the early stages of benchmark development, and hope that you will consider joining the effort.  Over the course of the next several days a draft benchmark will be made available covering “basic” security configuration items pertaining primarily to HDFS.

If you are interested in participating, as a contributor or editor, in this effort, please contact me.

Kind regards,

Adam Montville, CISA, CISSP
Technical Product Executive
Security Controls and Automation
Center for Internet Security
31 Tech Valley Drive, Suite 2
East Greenbush, NY 12061
www.cisecurity.org
Follow us @CISecurity

This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.

. . .

Re: Hadoop Security Community

Posted by Ashish Kumar9 <as...@in.ibm.com>.
I would also be interested .

From:   Chris MacKenzie <st...@chrismackenziephotography.co.uk>
To:     <us...@hadoop.apache.org>
Date:   01/27/2015 03:46 PM
Subject:        Re: Hadoop Security Community

Hi Adam,

I wold also love to be involved in this.

Regards,

Chris MacKenzie
telephone: 0131 332 6967
email: studio@chrismackenziephotography.co.uk
corporate: www.chrismackenziephotography.co.uk
<http://www.chrismackenziephotography.co.uk/>
<http://plus.google.com/+ChrismackenziephotographyCoUk/posts>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismackenziephotography/>

Posted by Ashish Kumar9 <as...@in.ibm.com>.
I would also be interested .

Posted by Ashish Kumar9 <as...@in.ibm.com>.
I would also be interested .

Posted by Ashish Kumar9 <as...@in.ibm.com>.
I would also be interested .

From:  Adam Montville <Ad...@cisecurity.org>
Date:  Monday, 26 January 2015 18:12
To:  "user@hadoop.apache.org" <us...@hadoop.apache.org>

All:

The Center for Internet Security (CIS) has established a Community focused
on defining a configuration benchmark for Hadoop.  We are in the early
stages of benchmark development, and hope that you will consider joining the
effort.  Over the course of the next several days a draft benchmark will be
made available covering ³basic² security configuration items pertaining

Posted by Raja <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would also interested.

Posted by Raja <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would also interested.

Posted by oscar sumano <os...@gmail.com>.
Same here Adam. Please add me to the list.

Posted by Raja <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would also interested.

Posted by oscar sumano <os...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raja <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would also interested.

Posted by oscar sumano <os...@gmail.com>.

Posted by oscar sumano <os...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SP <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adam,

Posted by SP <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adam,

Posted by SP <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adam,

Posted by SP <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adam,

Posted by snehil wakchaure <sn...@gmail.com>.
Please add me as well

Posted by snehil wakchaure <sn...@gmail.com>.
Please add me as well

Posted by snehil wakchaure <sn...@gmail.com>.
Please add me as well

Posted by snehil wakchaure <sn...@gmail.com>.
Please add me as well

Posted by adarsh deshratnam <ad...@gmail.com>.
I would also be interested .

Posted by adarsh deshratnam <ad...@gmail.com>.
I would also be interested .

Posted by adarsh deshratnam <ad...@gmail.com>.
I would also be interested .

Posted by adarsh deshratnam <ad...@gmail.com>.
I would also be interested .

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
Add me to the list of interested parties. I am heavily involved with
security and controls of Hadoop, Google MR, use of OSSEC on Hadoop
clusters, etc.

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.