Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ben Switzer <be...@site85.com> on 2002/08/09 22:19:18 UTC

Building 2002-08-08

Good day,

I'm trying to build the nightly build from 2002-08-08 with no success.

I'm using Ant 1.5 and JDK 1.4  These are the jars in %slide_home%/lib:

antlr-tools.jar
antlr.jar
commons-dbcp.jar
commons-modeler.jar
commons-pool.jar
hsqldb.jar
jdom-dev.jar
jta-spec1_0_1.jar
junit.jar
log4j.jar
mx4j-jmx.jar
servlet.jar

I've modified the build.xml to reflect the other libs that I need. Ant
detect.display shows me that it's found all the libs, required and
optional.  (They're all 'true')  Also, I'm using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.8,
and jakarta-taglibs/standard-1.0.1.

This is where the build finally fails:
    [javac]
D:\web-apps\jakarta-slide\src\webdav\client\src\org\apache\commons\httpc
lient\methods\PostMethod.java:203: warning: encode(java.lang.String) in
java.net.URLEncoder has been deprecated
    [javac]                 sb.append(URLEncoder.encode(value));
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] 3 warnings
    [antlr] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: antlr/Tool
    [antlr] Exception in thread "main"

There are other exceptions that are thrown, but the build continues on.

Any ideas on how I might get this thing to build?  Perhaps a different
days build?

Thanks,
Ben

RE: Building 2002-08-08

Posted by Ben Switzer <be...@site85.com>.
Thanks for your quick reply Christopher.

That was one hurdle you got me over.  The build continued to fail until
I realized that I should check the build status on the web site.  Low
and behold, the latest build was failing...  Grabbed Friday's build and
all went well.

Now comes the fun part.  Trying to figure out how all of this works.

Thanks again,
Ben

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

For additional commands, e-mail: