Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Khadeeja Ismael <kh...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/02 17:12:25 UTC

Help!

I have been following a tutorial to make Apache communicate with Tomcat and
got to the point of installing Ant and and setting the environment
variables. When I type the "%ANT_HOME%"/bin/ant I got the message of buiid
failed, with 3 errors saying that the Java Servlet Package and its classes
don't exist. When I checked the packages in SDK it was true that
Javax/Servlet wasn't there. I have downloaded the class files (not the .java
files)for Servlet package. I'm stuck here. Can somebody please give me some
tips on how to get on from here.
Desperate,
Hajja

Re: Help!

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Khadeeja,

You need to put the servlet.jar in your system classpath or add the
following to the build file...

<path id="blah">
    <pathelement location="[location of servlet.jar]"/>
</path>

<javac ....>
    <classpath refid="blah"/>
</javac>

Jake

KI> I have been following a tutorial to make Apache communicate with Tomcat and
KI> got to the point of installing Ant and and setting the environment
KI> variables. When I type the "%ANT_HOME%"/bin/ant I got the message of buiid
KI> failed, with 3 errors saying that the Java Servlet Package and its classes
KI> don't exist. When I checked the packages in SDK it was true that
KI> Javax/Servlet wasn't there. I have downloaded the class files (not the .java
KI> files)for Servlet package. I'm stuck here. Can somebody please give me some
KI> tips on how to get on from here.
KI> Desperate,
KI> Hajja

Best regards,