Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Paul Brebner <pa...@instaclustr.com> on 2022/05/20 01:56:20 UTC

Best ApacheCon USA track for ZK talk?

Hi Zookeepers!  I'm thinking of submitting a talk based on my "Zookeeper
meets the Dining Philosophers" blog to ApacheCon USA 2022, but not sure
which track would be best - do you have any ideas? Perhaps "Other"?!

It is more of an intro to ZK and Curator, so not sure if this type of talk
is often accepted - perhaps an "intro/101 track" for entry-level talks for
various techs would be good for next year?

Regards, Paul
PS I'm co-chair of a new Performance Engineering track this year.

Re: Best ApacheCon USA track for ZK talk?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
Hello Paul,

It sounds like an interesting talk!

It's a good question. I'd suggest the Big Data track might be the best fit.
It's admittedly not an exact match, but that would align it with a lot of
projects that use Zookeeper (Hadoop, HBase, etc.). That way, your talk is
more likely to attract an audience of contributors and users that would
have an interest in Zookeeper. From the intro/101 perspective, new users in
the ASF big data ecosystem would gain background on what Zookeeper is and
why it's important for these big data systems.

Chris Nauroth