Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/19 18:54:22 UTC

[FYI] Forrest 0.6

Seeing http://forrest.apache.org/changes.html,

Now the *.ihtml and *.cwiki extensions are deprecated. To get the same
functionality it is recommended to switch to *.html and *.jspwiki. With this
it's now possible to have a site in simple html, edited with any html
editor. The *.jspwiki extension was put to make it clear what the format is
about. (NKB)

I also think this change is good and suggest ugrading our documentation.
Actually I'd like to try to fix
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1540 with the new Forrest.

Thanks,

Ias

Re: [FYI] Forrest 0.6

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

RE: [FYI] Forrest 0.6

Posted by Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Ias wrote:

> Thanks very much. (The issue lasted quite a long time :-)

  You are welcome! Or rather, sorry for the delay in finding
the problem.

> Yes, it does. I tried Forrest 0.6 on JaxMe site, and Jochen
> told me it looked horrible :-) I also agree that we need to
> make effort to revise the whole Axis documentation if we want
> better look (and feel) with Forrest 0.6.

  It's a good news for me.

> So, let's make it step by step, I mean, the timeline for the
> migration doesn't have to follow Axis 1.2 release plan
> (with hurry).

  Agreed. Please let me know freely when/if you need to have
any help to do the migration.

Thanks,

Toshi

RE: [FYI] Forrest 0.6