Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Ryan Skraba <rs...@apache.org> on 2022/07/26 20:36:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.11.1 RC1

Hi everyone,

I'd like to propose the following RC1 to be released as the official Apache
Avro 1.11.1 release.

The commit id is 329ba065f5d98b7512f2e445cf27204b2d58ef2c
* This corresponds to the tag: release-1.11.1-rc1
* https://github.com/apache/avro/releases/tag/release-1.11.1-rc1

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here (revision 55983)
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.11.1-rc1/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/KEYS

Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/avro/avro/1.11.1/

This release includes ~260 Jira issues:
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%3DAVRO%20AND%20fixVersion%3D1.11.1

I'll send a follow-up email with the notable highlights for each
language and SDK, but I wanted to give everyone a head start to
check their favourite fixed JIRAs and features!

Please download, verify, and test. This vote will remain open for at least
72 hours.  I would like to close at 11h59 UTC Friday, July 29th, 2022.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.11.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

Best regards,
Ryan Skraba

[Countdown to vote]:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20220729T2359&p0=1440

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.11.1 RC1

Posted by Christophe Le Saëc <ch...@gmail.com>.
Another +1 to release !

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
+1 to release !

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 11:35 PM Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Huge +1 to publish the crate.

The following crates have been released:
- https://crates.io/crates/apache-avro 0.14.0
- https://crates.io/crates/apache-avro-derive  0.14.0
- https://crates.io/crates/apache-avro-test-helper  0.14.0 (this one is
just a dev-dependency of apache-avro)

> We need also to maybe work on downstreaming it because many projects
> still depend on the unmaintained avro-rs version. I can try to help on
> the downstreaming once the crate is published.

I have few opened PRs and issues waiting for the new crate since a while:
- https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/pull/2784
- https://github.com/lerouxrgd/rsgen-avro/pull/26
- https://github.com/gklijs/schema_registry_converter/issues/75

Regards,
Martin

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Huge +1 to publish the crate.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
Hello everyone!  Most of the binary artifacts are making their way to
the various repositories -- I'm going to give it some time before
making the official announcement or updating the website, but you
should be able to start using these artifacts as they become
available!  I'll be travelling overseas tomorrow so it will probably
be later in the week.

Are we going to publish the rust crate for this release?  Does anybody

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
Hello everyone,

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1