Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anastasia Gornostaeva <er...@ermine.pp.ru> on 2000/05/15 15:06:50 UTC

encoding (try II)

Hello.

I have three questions.

1. What must I do for correctly appearing letters from my native language
(Russian) in any Browser's window? If I write 'encoding="KOI8-R"' - the
Cocoon 1.7.3 replaces any cyrillic letters to a symbol '?'. Is this right?

2. I want to generate HTML docs from XML docs without Apache, Jserv and so
 on, using only Cocoon. How?

3. Will Cocoon 1.7.3 works with JDK 1.1.8 from FreeBSD port collection?

Please help me!

--

Ermine

Re: encoding (try II)

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Anastasia Gornostaeva wrote:
> 1. What must I do for correctly appearing letters from my native language
> (Russian) in any Browser's window? If I write 'encoding="KOI8-R"' - the
> Cocoon 1.7.3 replaces any cyrillic letters to a symbol '?'. Is this right?
> 2. I want to generate HTML docs from XML docs without Apache, Jserv and so
>  on, using only Cocoon. How?
> 3. Will Cocoon 1.7.3 works with JDK 1.1.8 from FreeBSD port collection?

I was successful in correctly displaying cyrillic characters by using
encoding "Cp1251" (with a capital "C"), thanks to indications given
by Pavel Karassev.

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Cp1251"?>

Use this declaration in both your XML document and your XSLT
stylesheet.

In stylesheets, use:

  <xsl:output method="html" encoding="Cp1251"/>

For XSP, add the following directive to "cocoon.properties":

  processor.xsp.encoding = Cp1251

Hope this helps