Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rajkumar S <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/25 11:50:10 UTC

CNHC - stock spam

Hi,

I am using the latest SARE stocks rules, and my spamassassin catches
most of the stock spam, but today I received a couple of spam peddling
stocks of CNHC. This spam is so perfect that it's getting negative
scores and not matchign any of the SARE rules. Any one with same
experience?

raj

Re: CNHC - stock spam

Posted by David Goldsmith <dg...@sans.org>.

Rajkumar S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the latest SARE stocks rules, and my spamassassin catches
> most of the stock spam, but today I received a couple of spam peddling
> stocks of CNHC. This spam is so perfect that it's getting negative
> scores and not matchign any of the SARE rules. Any one with same
> experience?
>
> raj

I have had several get through to me.  I use the SARE rulesets, DCC,
Pyzor and Razor.  We use a number of DNSBL with Qmail but not the
SpamCop BL.

David Goldsmith

==========

Message 1

	*      [score: 0.6929]
	*  1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
	*      [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?81.94.226.206>]

==========

Message 2

	*  0.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
	*      [score: 0.5000]
	*  1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
	*      [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.99.195.82>]

==========

Message 3

	*  0.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
	*      [score: 0.5000]
	*  1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
	*      [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.99.195.82>]

==========

Message 4

	*  1.0 BAYES_60 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 60 to 80%
	*      [score: 0.7386]
	*  0.5 KAM_TIME Pssss.  Hey Buddy, wanna buy a watch?

==========

Re: CHNC - stock spam

Posted by Igor Chudov <ic...@Algebra.Com>.
I am getting such an incredible number of these spams that it boggles
my mind. I simply placed the stock ticker in my custom blocklist.

Re: CNHC - stock spam

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
I seem to have exactly one for that stock today.  It had so much obfuscation
that I missed it was a stock spam.  However, one SARE rule hit, and one of
Theo's hit, along with the usual collection of network tests.

        Loren