Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maarten Volders <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 07:33:30 UTC

Module B can't find base test class from module A during compilation

All,

I'm facing the following problem.
I have a multi module project, one module (let's call it Module A) contains
a base test class in moduleA/src/test/java/...
Module B has some test classes which inherit from that base class in Module
A but during compilation of the test class in Module B I get an error from
maven compilation phase that he cannot find the base class in Module A.
Module A is a dependency for Module B = pom.xml. Tests run in Module A are
running fine, also so are the normal java files. So project dependencies
seems to be working.

So my questions are:
- During test file compilation, does maven include the test classes from
dependent modules
- How can I let maven know that he also need to look at the test classes of
its dependent modules while compiling its own test classes

Grtz