Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bill Binole <bi...@Attachmate.com> on 2000/10/22 18:01:15 UTC

auto discovery

Anyone out there attempting to implement some type of auto discovery for
SOAP services?

Bill

Re: auto discovery

Posted by "William A. Nagy" <na...@watson.ibm.com>.
>Anyone out there attempting to implement some type of auto discovery for
>SOAP services?

(This is a little late, but I'm just getting caught up with the list...)

There is a proposal out, called ADS (Advertisement and Discovery of
Services,) which was designed to enable just that.  ADS relies upon
service interfaces being described via WSDL, and consequently works
for any service (including SOAP services.)  You can find more
information in the IBM Web Services Toolkit
(www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/webservicestoolkit), including a crawler
designed to search for advertised services.

-Bill Nagy

Re: auto discovery

Posted by "William A. Nagy" <na...@watson.ibm.com>.

Re: auto discovery

Posted by James Yegerlehner <ja...@kamiak.com>.

> Anyone out there attempting to implement some type of auto discovery for
> SOAP services?

Discovery of services on a local network, or discovery of services on the
internet? If the former, try UPnP's SSDP (Simple Services Discovery
Protocol) at www.upnp.org. If the latter, I guess that would be UDDI
(www.uddi.org).

Re: auto discovery

Posted by James Yegerlehner <ja...@kamiak.com>.