Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> on 2004/08/07 00:27:50 UTC

Re: svn commit: r10502 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_subr tests/clients/cmdline

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 17:14, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Is this tmpname/swap strategy necessary for symlinks?  I think it
> might be atomic to just create the new link right on top of the old
> one...

symlink() would return EEXIST if the target already exists.

Re: svn commit: r10502 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_subr tests/clients/cmdline

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 19:27, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 17:14, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> > Is this tmpname/swap strategy necessary for symlinks?  I think it
> > might be atomic to just create the new link right on top of the old
> > one...
>
> symlink() would return EEXIST if the target already exists.

I think based this function on existing symlink code jpieper wrote in
svn_io_create_unique_link().