Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 12:48:53 UTC

PDFBox 1.1.0 release plan (Was: Next release & merging of trunks)

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As discussed, we have a few open issues for which it would be nice to
> push out a new release as soon as they're fixed. I'd like to start
> preparing for a 1.1.0 release for this.

Looks like we have reasonably good consensus on this, so I'll start
preparing the 1.1.0 release and the merging of our three trunks.

I'd like to schedule the release to the week of 15-21 March, 2+ weeks
from now. Please use the 1.1.0 version in Jira to tag any issues you'd
like to see fixed before we make the release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: PDFBox 1.1.0 release plan (Was: Next release & merging of trunks)

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
I wouldn't say that I'm an expert but using bit manipulation in that case to me looks better  as it shows how the different possibilities according to the spec are handled inside the code although casting might provide the same result. I didn't verify if the code is correct or not.

Kind regards

Maruan Sahyoun

Posted by Villu Ruusmann <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello there,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to schedule the release to the week of 15-21 March, 2+ weeks
> from now. Please use the 1.1.0 version in Jira to tag any issues you'd
> like to see fixed before we make the release.

The following two open issues are currently targeted for 1.1.0:

  [PDFBOX-624] Misplaced text
  [PDFBOX-663] Ensuring non-null FontDescriptor for external TrueType fonts

Both are unassigned. Can we postpone these to later releases?

Are there other issues that we still should fix before 1.1.0? If not,
I'm planning to cut the release candidate sometime over the weekend.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like we have reasonably good consensus on this, so I'll start
> preparing the 1.1.0 release and the merging of our three trunks.
>
> I'd like to schedule the release to the week of 15-21 March, 2+ weeks
> from now.

I will be merging the trunks later today. You'll need to switch your
existing checkouts or get new ones after the merge. I'll post more
detailed instructions once the merge is done.

BR,

Jukka Zitting