Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lukasz Matuszczak <l....@atrem.pl> on 2005/02/16 11:13:05 UTC

Bug 30584 solution

Hello

I want to incorporate bug 30584 solution into 1.5.1 release, because i have
faced
ConcurrentModificationException in UpdateManager's "repaint" method while
resizing JSVGCanvas.

I have changed some code in JSVGComponents' updateRenderingTransform method:

AffineTransform at = calculateViewingTransform(fragmentIdentifier, elt);
final AffineTransform at = calculateViewingTransform(fragmentIdentifier, elt);

AND

cgn.setViewingTransform(at);
Runnable r = new Runnable() {
  AffineTransform myAT = at;
  CanvasGraphicsNode myCGN = getCanvasGraphicsNode();
  public void run() {
    myCGN.setViewingTransform(myAT);
  }
};
UpdateManager um = getUpdateManager();
if (um != null) um.getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(r);
else r.run();

Is it enough?

I don't want to checkout the latest version of batik from HEAD, because AFAIK it
can be very unstable. By the way when can we expect a new release of batik?

Lukasz

Re: Bug 30584 solution

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Lukasz Matuszczak wrote:
> Hello
>
> I don't want to checkout the latest version of batik from HEAD, because
> AFAIK it can be very unstable. By the way when can we expect a new
> release of batik?

+1 for a new release, even though HEAD is *very* stable (well at least
for our application)

Regards
Jorg

Re: Bug 30584 solution

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Lukasz Matuszczak wrote:

> I want to incorporate bug 30584 solution into 1.5.1 release, because i
> have faced ConcurrentModificationException in UpdateManager's "repaint"
> method while resizing JSVGCanvas.
>
> I have changed some code in JSVGComponents' updateRenderingTransform
> method:
>
> Is it enough?

    Not really, my final change introduced a viewingTransform local
variable in the JSVGComponent which is needed to ensure that the
canvas doesn't get out of date information (while the runnable is
pending).

> I don't want to checkout the latest version of batik from HEAD, because
> AFAIK it can be very unstable.

    I'm not the best one to answer this, but I wouldn't consider
HEAD even unstable.  On occasion regressions are discovered however
my guess is that at most points in time you are much more likely
to get a needed fix than a new bug.

> By the way when can we expect a new release of batik?

    Pretty soon I think.  I need to take a look at bugzilla
and see if there is any low hanging fruit.  The one thing I
want to look at is the regression in the placement of images
when printing.

    BTW 99% of the tests are run before I commit any changes.
So I from my end a true release is not significantly better
tested (although I often produce a release candidate) which
can get some additional outside attention.