Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net> on 2003/03/06 18:08:43 UTC

Current HEAD of httpd-2.0

fails to configure with the following error:
Construct makefiles and header files...
creating config_vars.mk
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating docs/conf/httpd-std.conf
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating include/ap_config_layout.h
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating support/apxs
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
creating support/apachectl
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating support/dbmmanage
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
creating support/envvars-std
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
creating support/log_server_status
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating support/logresolve.pl
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating support/phf_abuse_log.cgi
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating support/split-logfile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating build/rules.mk
sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
sed: file conftest.s3 line 3: Unknown command: `A'
creating include/ap_config_auto.h
include/ap_config_auto.h is unchanged

Apr and apr-util are both uptodate, and all source trees have been 'make extraclean && buiconf'ised.
Cheers,
-Thom

Re: Current HEAD of httpd-2.0

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Jeff Trawick (trawick@attglobal.net) wrote :
> Thom May wrote:
>
> >* Jeff Trawick (trawick@attglobal.net) wrote :

> >>What is your configure invocation and platform pretty-please?
> >
> >straight configure with no arguments, Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) with Gnu
> >sed 4.0.5 .
> >for what it's worth, APACHE_2_0_BRANCH configures quite happily, using the
> >same apr/apr-util.
>

> I have no problems with RedHat 6.1 and RedHat 8.0, both with GNU sed
> 3.02.  I'm too lazy at the moment to build GNU sed 4.0.5 right now to
> see if it will then fail on my box.  You might back down on your sed
> level to see if that is the crucial difference.

nope, it was still broke with 3.02 (slightly differently broke, but still
broke) . However, a totally fresh checkout of the whole tree configures fine
- I'm leaning towards weirdness in my apr{,-util} trees since a clean
checkout of just httpd-2.1 didn't cure the problem. This is still somewhat
weird since BRANCH builds ok with the same apr{,-util} trees.
I'm gonna continue digging.
Oh, it occurs to me that I was trying to do the configure originally with
apr{,-util} out of tree, but when I got the fresh checkout they were in
tree.
Let me try that.
-Thom

Re: Current HEAD of httpd-2.0

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Thom May wrote:

> * Jeff Trawick (trawick@attglobal.net) wrote :
>
> >Thom May wrote:
> >

> >>fails to configure with the following error:
> >>Construct makefiles and header files...
> >>creating config_vars.mk
> >>updating cache ./config.cache
> >>creating ./config.status
> >>creating docs/conf/httpd-std.conf
> >>sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
> >

> >What is your configure invocation and platform pretty-please?
>
> straight configure with no arguments, Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) with Gnu
> sed 4.0.5 .
> for what it's worth, APACHE_2_0_BRANCH configures quite happily, using the
> same apr/apr-util.

I have no problems with RedHat 6.1 and RedHat 8.0, both with GNU sed
3.02.  I'm too lazy at the moment to build GNU sed 4.0.5 right now to
see if it will then fail on my box.  You might back down on your sed
level to see if that is the crucial difference.

I'm surprised that it makes a difference when you use APACHE_2_0_BRANCH.
  I guess you checked the relevant sed invocation and found that it was
the same.  I wonder if some other parts of the config leave a stray IFS
setting or something else that could enable certain seds to get confused.

Re: Current HEAD of httpd-2.0

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.

Re: Current HEAD of httpd-2.0

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.