Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Steve Wilkinson <ws...@msn.com> on 2002/04/04 23:43:12 UTC

Confusion

I'm really confused (not hard these days...)

gump says the struts nightly build succeeded, however, there are no binaries and haven't since them 4/1.  It goes from 8.6Meg archive on 4/1 to a 466 byte archive on 4/2 thru 4/4.

Just for kicks, I downloaded the source and tried to compile.  It worked after I used the latest commons-validator code from CVS.  I'm happy now I have a latest version, but I'm still confused why there are no binaries.

Steve

Re: Confusion

Posted by ma...@tumbleweed.com.
The Gump build and the nightly build are actually two separate builds. The
former gets the latest of everything from CVS and tries to build it all. I
believe it runs on Sam Ruby's machine. The latter runs on Craig's machine,
and I think is intended to do the same thing, but it seems there may be a
problem with the dependencies. This is the build that generates the
binaries you are looking for.

--
Martin Cooper