Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Allen Cogbill <ac...@geopotential.com> on 2012/09/15 23:33:53 UTC

Hyphenation (U.S.English)

I recently "upgraded" from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1. Under 3.4.0, hyphenation was
broken (it worked nicely in previous versions). It is still broken under
3.4.1, at least for U.S. English. Is there a known workaround?

--
Allen Cogbill

Re: Hyphenation (U.S.English)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 15/09/2012 Allen Cogbill wrote:
> Yes, all those items are checked properly. I note that I have used
> hyphenation for a log time with OO, but with 3.4.x it has always failed.

If you have used it for a long time, you can try renaming the user
profile to be sure that nothing broke during the 3.3.x -> 3.4.x profile
conversion. Use the instructions at the link recently sent by Rory:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Hyphenation (U.S.English)

Posted by Allen Cogbill <ac...@geopotential.com>.
Tried that -- it has no effect. Thx for your help.

A. Cogbill

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 15:59:16 -0600
> Allen Cogbill <ac...@geopotential.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, all those items are checked properly. I note that I have used
> > hyphenation for a log time with OO, but with 3.4.x it has always failed.
> >
> > Thx,
> > Allen Cogbill
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> was
> under

> > > Is spellcheck working (red lines under misspelled words)?  If not, you
> > > need to get that working first. Thn, if hyphenation is still not
> working,
> > > under /Tools /Options/ Language settings /Writing Aids : Available
> Language
> > > Modules is Libhyphen Hyphenator checked?  Are reasonable settings for
> > > hyphenation options selected under Options on the same page?
> > >
> > > Note that these settings are under Preferences on a Mac.
> > > --
> > > Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>
> > >

> The only other suggestion I can make is to check in the paragraph style on
> the Text Flow tab that Automatic is checked under Hyphenation.  Hyphenation
> is certainly working for me on a en-GB AOO 3.4.1.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Allen Cogbill
505-216-1611