Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2012/03/13 06:26:17 UTC

Ant site: problems with svnpubsub and externals

Hi,

Ant's site is svnpubsubbed from
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/site/ant/production/> which has an
svn:externals pointing to the manual of the latest release.  After the
last release we changed the externals definition but the change hasn't
been picked up by the site.

Is it a bad idea to use externals or are they supposed to work?

Stefan

Re: Ant site: problems with svnpubsub and externals

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-04-05, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> No news.

Yes, sorry, the next step for me would have been the #infra IRC channel
but that would require me to have a time slot of more than an hour to
work on that - and unfortunately I didn't manage to find one the past
few weeks.  I may have more luck during the next week but can't promise
anything.

> I guess that another good way to manage the ant manual in the site is
> to use some "svn copy" rather than use svn externals.

My thought as well, but most likely the existing manual would be "in the
way" if we removed the external and added a directory and "svn up" will
fail.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
No news.
I guess that another good way to manage the ant manual in the site is to use some "svn copy" rather than use svn externals.

Nicolas