Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Enhnaran Alexander <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/17 15:50:31 UTC

Error: bad value on output port ‘tcp_inet'.

Hi,

I am using Thrift and encountered some problem. When I called the function
thrift_client:call(Client, Function, Args) from in the Erlang shell, it
prompted out ERROR REPORT saying "Bad value on output port 'tcp_inet'".

The parameter Function was defined in the .thrift file, and here Args was
something like this: [[{data, "field1", "field2", ..., "fieldn"}]]. Here the
weired "[[" is necessary because it may lead to another exception otherwise
if I write like this [{data, "field1"...}].

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance to you all.