Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/05/18 23:49:37 UTC

Pre-commit patch testing

Heya folks!

Last week I worked through using the Hadoop Precommit Patch Tester to
evaluate NiFi patches[1].

Most of the edges have been sanded down. There is still one outstanding
major change that's needed to deal with NiFi's multi-project repo layout
[2]. That fix is more involved, because it's providing a major boost in the
flexibility of the precommit framework (yay!) so I'm not sure when it's
going to land.

I have a work around for that particular issue for the specifics of NiFi's
layout[3]. However, it is definitely not what will be in the version that
is committed and the way NiFi hooks into the test framework will be
different once things settle.

Would folks prefer to wait for the fix before using the precommit tester or
run on top of my workaround for now (changing once the fix lands)?

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-577

[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11929

[3]: https://github.com/busbey/hadoop/commits/NIFI-577

--
Sean

Re: Pre-commit patch testing

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Folks!

FYI, there a discussion over in Hadoop land about making a new TLP for the
precommit patch testing stuff. We're looking for any feedback projects
might have about demand for the project. It's copied to two threads, if you
can only respond to one, I believe the Hadoop common-dev one is the primary.

* http://s.apache.org/yetus-discuss-hadoop
* http://s.apache.org/yetus-discuss-hbase

--
Sean