Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Scott Coleman <sc...@soltima.com> on 2001/11/02 11:40:46 UTC

Re: Question

We have just started using log4j, an excellent logging framework. We are
extending it adding some appenders, but i am confused as to why the finalize
method in the AppenderSkeleton class is public. I would have thought that
this should be protected as this method should not be part of the public
interface of the class. Can someone explain to me why it is public?

The reason i ask is that i am trying to add JMX configuration, but i have
just looked through the newsgroups mail archive and found that some JMX
support is already being added.