Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Brad Turnbough <bt...@backlundinvestment.com> on 2023/03/17 13:58:32 UTC

Guacamole Bug - Logs column in History has no data.

Problem:
The "Logs" column on the history page is blank and has no entires.

Outcome:
If I enter the history section of Guacamole, I see the following fields populated:  username, start time, duration, connection name and remote host.  I do not see any information in "Logs".

Desired outcome:
I should be presented with either a URL in the logs field to take me to a log file for that connection, or shown a series of log entries for that connection.

Additional information:
Guacamole 1.5.0

Thank you,

Brad Turnbough
Senior Technology Analyst

[cid:Backlund-Investment-logo_20ce9d6e-04b9-4d73-9d17-cfc69decf4cc.gif]

P: 309.272.2739 F: 309.272.2839

www.betterbanks.com<http://www.betterbanks.com/>
www.statestreetbank.com<http://www.statestreetbank.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

RE: Guacamole Bug - Logs column in History has no data.

Posted by Brad Turnbough <bt...@backlundinvestment.com>.
Ah hah!  That was what I was missing.  Sorry about that – I was assuming that it was already good to go since I saw the options in the GUI…etc.

In all honesty, the Guacamole product as a whole has a ton of promise.  The problem is that the GUI is FAR from perfect.  Very counter intuitive if you ask me.  Id offer to help but I’m not a  programmer.

One last question… So if there is a recording that I need to pull and encode.  How do I determine the folder UUID of the recording?

The server url is this:

https://servername/#/settings/mysql/recording/84/bfc61fba-cebc-32a3-880b-1bf37b33ed9b

The actual path of the recording is this:
/var/lib/guacamole/recordings/31fcf7b5-ea3a-302b-9220-b58091f02cf5

Lastly, how do we manage retention times on our recordings?  Is there something I’m missing in this regard?

Thank you,

Brad Turnbough
Senior Technology Analyst

[cid:Backlund-Investment-logo_20ce9d6e-04b9-4d73-9d17-cfc69decf4cc.gif]

P: 309.272.2739 F: 309.272.2839

www.betterbanks.com<http://www.betterbanks.com/>
www.statestreetbank.com<http://www.statestreetbank.com>

External email. Please make sure you trust this source before clicking links or opening attachments.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 12:20 PM Brad Turnbough <bt...@backlundinvestment.com>> wrote:
Well, I was able to create a recording, but the entry for it is still not showing up in the WebUI. (I have all available guacamole rights)

To give you further info…. We are using the MySQL Backend Plugin for auth.

Did you add the extension for enabling the recording integrations?

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/recording-playback.html

-Nick

Re: Guacamole Bug - Logs column in History has no data.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brad Turnbough <bt...@backlundinvestment.com>.
Well, I was able to create a recording, but the entry for it is still not showing up in the WebUI. (I have all available guacamole rights)

To give you further info…. We are using the MySQL Backend Plugin for auth.

I went through the database to see if I could at least find a record of the recording.  I went through *each* table one by one and attempted to locate a record that tells me the name of the recording and what history event it is tied to.  There are NO tables that tell me what recording is tied to what event.  Am I missing something?

mysql> show tables;
| Tables_in_guacd                       |
| guacamole_connection                  |
| guacamole_connection_attribute        |
| guacamole_connection_group            |
| guacamole_connection_group_attribute  |
| guacamole_connection_group_permission |
| guacamole_connection_history          |
| guacamole_connection_parameter        |
| guacamole_connection_permission       |
| guacamole_entity                      |
| guacamole_sharing_profile             |
| guacamole_sharing_profile_attribute   |
| guacamole_sharing_profile_parameter   |
| guacamole_sharing_profile_permission  |
| guacamole_system_permission           |
| guacamole_user                        |
| guacamole_user_attribute              |
| guacamole_user_group                  |
| guacamole_user_group_attribute        |
| guacamole_user_group_member           |
| guacamole_user_group_permission       |
| guacamole_user_history                |
| guacamole_user_password_history       |
| guacamole_user_permission             |
23 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Posted by Alessandro Sironi <a....@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi Brad,