Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Steve <st...@Basit.COM> on 2003/06/06 21:53:38 UTC

borders destroys ability to format cell

Using 1.8, starting from a template with several empty worksheets, I edit
the template and then save it as another Excel file.
It's fine except............

I have put borders around many cells in a "table" format.
When I open the newly created file in Excel,
for the cells with borders,  in Excel I cannot do the menu
operation:     Format---Cells
It does not work from the right mouse click either. Nothing happens.
I do not get a popup window.

For non-bordered cells, I can do the   Format---Cells   menu operation.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
Has anyone started from a template and created cells with borders?
If so, does the Format Cells operation work for you?

THANKS,
Steve

Re: borders destroys ability to format cell

Posted by Steve <st...@Basit.COM>.
thanks.
i had forgotten that i submited that bug a while ago.
but, it has not been assigned.
i added acouple of votes. now it has 7.
--steve
> I have also encountered this problem. There is already an entry in
Bugzilla,