Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2001/01/12 20:55:45 UTC

BugRat Report #757 has been filed.

Bug report #757 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/757>

REPORT #757 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2.1
   JVM Release: 1.2.1_04
   Operating System: Solaris
   OS Release: ???
   Platform: SPARC

Synopsis:
User Principal incorrectly Maintained - Fix

Sorry, posting one more time.  I don't see the workaround I posted before being displayed so I've moved it to this text box.

request.getUserPrincipal().getName() doesn't return the correct user all of the time.

FIX
------
In org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl, 'principal=null' needs to be added to initRequest().  Then it works fine.

Since setUserPrincipal() isn't being called by the authenicating realm, but setRemoteUser() is being called.  The old principal is never getting reset when authentication occurs.