Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 1999/10/21 06:17:17 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/mmap/unix Makefile.in mmap.c mmap_h.h

>   ap_status_t ap_mmap_create(struct mmap_t **new, const char *fname,
>        ap_context_t *cont)
>   {

clip

>       if (stat(fname, &st) == -1)

>           /* we couldn't stat the file...probably doesn't exist! */
>           return APR_ENOFILE;
>       }
This will be a big performance hit if we use this function in place of the
mmap code already in http_core.c. We need a 'create' function that takes a
handle (or ap_file_t)  of an already opened file.

Bill

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/mmap/unix Makefile.in mmap.c mmap_h.h

Posted by David Reid <ab...@dial.pipex.com>.
I see no problem with that.

david