Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Anderson, Trey" <an...@zilliant.com> on 2001/01/18 19:19:44 UTC

Please Help: Struts issues in Weblogic5.1.0 (sp5+)

I am new to struts and find it a very exciting and powerful solution which I would like to implement into all our
solutions.

After implementing a small sample application, I have encountered the dreaded ClassCastException and am trying to
understand it's cause and appropriate solution.  After navigating through past postings I have found the following
website by Erik Pearson.

http://archive.covalent.net/jakarta/struts-user/2000/10/0009.xml
<http://archive.covalent.net/jakarta/struts-user/2000/10/0009.xml>

On this site he goes into an explanation of the cause and a description of what seems to be the only solution.

1)	Could someone please validate this solution?
2)	Is there an alternative solution for avoiding this classloader problem?
3)	I read that the root cause of this issue is the fact that Weblogic 5.1.0 is not 100% J2EE compliant.  If this is
true would using Weblogic 6.0, which is J2EE compliant resolve this issue?
a.	What new issues could arise?  Solutions?

I would very much appreciate guidance in this matter,
-ta