Posted to user@struts.apache.org by me...@assetmanagement.natexis.fr on 2003/06/23 17:11:13 UTC

very strange errors (no collection found series)

I'm having a very strange behaviour of my application.
It has been tested in pre-production environnement and
everything worked fine.

When in production, it works but no fine at all !

The application works well for about five or six days and
when we try to access some pages, we get a no No collection found exception.

when we restart Tomcat(without making any change to the code) every thing
works fine again.

here is an extract of the exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: No collection found
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:530)
        at
org.apache.jsp.listParamVL_jsp._jspService(listParamVL_jsp.java:374)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

As you can see it, the probleme seems to come from the listParamVL_jsp.

when I open the generated servlet file, at line 374, I have the code below
:

 if (_jspxFactory != null) _jspxFactory.releasePageContext(pageContext);

I really don't know what to do to determine the bug origin.

If someone has an idea or a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

Meissa

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and
notify the sender.

Re: very strange errors (no collection found series)

Posted by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de>.
Hallo Meissa,

what version of tomcat are you using. Maybe you should also ask the
tomcat list?

Regards,
Dirk

mSanf> I'm having a very strange behaviour of my application.
mSanf> It has been tested in pre-production environnement and
mSanf> everything worked fine.

mSanf> When in production, it works but no fine at all !

mSanf> The application works well for about five or six days and
mSanf> when we try to access some pages, we get a no No collection found exception.

mSanf> when we restart Tomcat(without making any change to the code) every thing
mSanf> works fine again.

mSanf> here is an extract of the exception:

mSanf> javax.servlet.ServletException: No collection found
mSanf>         at
mSanf> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:530)
mSanf>         at
mSanf> org.apache.jsp.listParamVL_jsp._jspService(listParamVL_jsp.java:374)
mSanf>         at
mSanf> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
mSanf>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

mSanf> As you can see it, the probleme seems to come from the listParamVL_jsp.

mSanf> when I open the generated servlet file, at line 374, I have the code below
mSanf> :

mSanf>  if (_jspxFactory != null) _jspxFactory.releasePageContext(pageContext);

mSanf> I really don't know what to do to determine the bug origin.

mSanf> If someone has an idea or a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

mSanf> Meissa

mSanf> L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
mSanf> Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
mSanf> son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
mSanf> interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
mSanf> detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

mSanf> The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
mSanf> on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
mSanf> considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
mSanf> If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and
mSanf> notify the sender.