Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Asif Mekrani <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 13:36:27 UTC

named logger .

Hi Group,

Please can you tell me how to use the names logger. means :

Usually we use a class name for the logger name, eg:

private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(MyClass.class);

but wat if, I want to use a string name instead of the class name , i.e.

private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog("MY_LOGGER_NAME");

and how to specify the same in the log4J.xml file.

TIA.

Smiles,
Asif

Re: named logger .

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
> private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(MyClass.class);
That will produce a logger named after the fully qualified name of the
class (i.e. "com.acme.project.MyClass")

> private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog("MY_LOGGER_NAME");
That will produce a logger named exactly "MY_LOGGER_NAME"

> and how to specify the same in the log4J.xml file.
Examples:
  <logger name="com.acme.project.MyClass">
  <logger name="MY_LOGGER_NAME">

--
James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/

Re: named logger .