Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Timo Nentwig <tc...@nitwit.de> on 2003/02/22 09:42:24 UTC

Remote logging

Hi!

I like LogFactor5 and I even do like SocketAppenders more. But I'd love to
be able to logon to remote machines an see log4j's output on my local
screen - using LogFactor5. This seems not to be possible, is it?

Well, imagine me to run an application on my local machine. I want to invite
somebody on the net to have a look on my app's logging output. I'll have to
shut down the app, create a SocketAppender for him and restart the
application. Why can't he simply logon to my machine?

So, we need some kind of a ServerAppender or LF5 to function as a server to
other LF5 clients.

Timo
--
http://nitwit.de/