Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by lujing zui <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 08:01:03 UTC

eigenvalue of matrix

I search jira, and find eigenvalue algorithm has been implemented in HAMA.
but I cannot find any module about it in code.
where I can find it?

Re: eigenvalue of matrix

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Here's my old implementation using MapReduce and HBase table.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/branches/0.1/src/java/org/apache/hama/algebra/JacobiEigenValue.java

This algorithm repeatedly performs rotations until the diagonalization
is completed. In other words, each MapReduce job (one iteration of the
algorithm) performs a table full scan and updates in every iterations.
MapReduce framework was used to distribute the IO load, but I think
it's not good program.

If I have some time in the future, I'll introduce the BSP-based linear systems.

Thanks.

--
Edward J. Yoon (@eddieyoon)
Chief Executive Officer