Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Stocks <st...@stocksy.co.uk> on 2005/05/04 22:16:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with large files - Apache 2/OS X

Hello,

My Apache 2 installation seems to have trouble serving large files,
that is to say files larger than 100 kB or so.  If   I try to download
the file, I get about 40-90k of it before the download stops.  I've
checked the access log, and it shows a 206 status code for the failed
request:

217.205.45.94 - - [04/May/2005:09:19:13 +0100] "GET
/roger-stocks/merrytiller/english/english1.pdf HTTP/1.0" 206 418092

I've tried requesting a large file from several computers both on the
internet and over my network, but the result is the same.  Even tried
installing Apache 2 on my PowerBook (also running Tiger) and I still
get this problem.

I was using Apache 2.0.54 with PHP 5.0.4 quite successfully with OS X
10.3.9 before I foolishly decided to do a fresh install of Tiger.

I hope I've provided enough information.  I couldn't find anything on
Google, but perhaps I searched the wrong terms.  Would anyone be kind
enough to point me in the right direction?

James.

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with large files - Apache 2/OS X

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "James Stocks"

> I was using Apache 2.0.54 with
> PHP 5.0.4 quite successfully with OS X
> 10.3.9 before I foolishly decided to do
> a fresh install of Tiger.

Perhaps:

Apple's Tiger makes some companies growl
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5694048.html

Jeff