Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org> on 2005/08/01 22:42:14 UTC

[m1] no dependencies listed in batik poms

Sorry to be venting a bit of frustration, but the POMs for batik in the
maven1 ibiblio repository are quite useless without the dependencies tags
filled in.  Having to random-guess trial-and-error dependency
relationships between 21 different jar files is a pain in the ass.

e.g.

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/batik/poms/batik-parser-1.6.pom

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project>
  <name>Batik Parser</name>
  <groupId>batik</groupId>
  <id>batik-parser</id>
  <currentVersion>1.6</currentVersion>
  <inceptionYear>2000</inceptionYear>
  <shortDescription>Batik Parser</shortDescription>
  <description>Batik Parser</description>
  <dependencies/>
</project>

   michael

Re: [m1] no dependencies listed in batik poms

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
The originals are here: http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/batik/poms/

So the Batik project have uploaded these themselves and declared they
have no dependencies :) We have to trust them on that, but are happy
to request they review them once it is pointed out this is not the
case.

You may wish to contact their lists directly about this, or as Carlos
mentioned file a MEV issue and we'll let them know.

- Brett

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,