Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Russ Trotter <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/07 22:00:27 UTC

Q: Torque, transactions and MySQL

Hello,

   I'm trying get a feel for what kind of transactional support can be
accessed/enabled in Torque.  I've gone through the setup to get a MySQL
instance to use the InnoDB table type so that transactional operations
can be used.   The trick is, what's the best way to get the InnoDB table
type generated at the SQL generation phase?

   I could make a patch that would plug a "TYPE=InnoDB" after every
"create table" at SQL generation time, but I have a feeling that people
may not want every table set for this type.

russ

Re: Torque, transactions and MySQL

Posted by Russ Trotter <ru...@yahoo.com>.
ok, so the misinformation is cleared up : ) I was referring to
Torque-standalone however.  We're not
 using Turbine in our app.

So, I take this time to reiterate, can anyone comment on whether it's
wise for me to make a patch that add 'type=InnoDB' to torque standalone?

russ

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
From: "Russ Trotter" <ru...@yahoo.com>

Posted by Russ Trotter <ru...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 12/7/01 2:28 PM, "Scott Eade" <se...@backstagetech.com.au> wrote:

> I seem to recall that InnoDB tables don't support blobs.  How would
> you handle the objectdata columns in the turbine security tables?

You could override that security stuff in Turbine and not use those columns.
They aren't really used anyway.

-jon

Re: Torque, transactions and MySQL

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.