Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2004/06/07 11:28:06 UTC

[VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

On 04 Jun 2004, at 10:32, Steven Noels wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> a nice set of people volunteered for taking on the PMC chair job and
> it's time we conclude this vote. :-)

Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to change
the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it looks
like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking over! I'd
like to thank the other candidates for offering their time and energy,
and be sure to volunteer next year!

Upayavira & Unico, for some reason or another you seem not to be in
cvs:committers/board/committee-info.txt, the binding PMC membership
list. Not that your vote changed the outcome of the vote, though. The
quorum (without your votes) was 19 votes out of 32 possible voters.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 7 Jun 2004, at 18:28, Steven Noels wrote:

> On 04 Jun 2004, at 10:32, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> a nice set of people volunteered for taking on the PMC chair job and
>> it's time we conclude this vote. :-)
>
> Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to
> change the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it
> looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking
> over! I'd like to thank the other candidates for offering their time
> and energy, and be sure to volunteer next year!

Congratulations to Sylvain!!! :-P

	Pier

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 04 Jun 2004, at 10:32, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> a nice set of people volunteered for taking on the PMC chair job and
>> it's time we conclude this vote. :-)
>

> Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to
> change the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it
> looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking
> over! I'd like to thank the other candidates for offering their time
> and energy, and be sure to volunteer next year!

Thanks to all. I know the choice wasn't easy, and the variety of votes
shows how healthy our community is and in no way questions the cohesion
of the group.

I take the chairman hat for the year to come, and hope I'll be able to
fulfill that job as good as my predecessors, Stefano and Steven. As
outlined by Stefano, I consider this job as being a bridge between
Cocoon and the board, but also as a mediator within the community
whenever the need arises (hopefully not often in this friendly group).

Thanks again, I  am very honoured.

Sylvain

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 04 Jun 2004, at 10:32, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> a nice set of people volunteered for taking on the PMC chair job and
>> it's time we conclude this vote. :-)
>
> Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to
> change the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it
> looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking
> over! I'd like to thank the other candidates for offering their time
> and energy, and be sure to volunteer next year!

Congrats Sylvain! And I'm not sure if it is commiserations to the rest -
looks like you just escaped from some work!

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 7 juin 04, à 11:28, Steven Noels a écrit :

> ...it looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for
> taking over!

Thanks to all who accepted the job and congratulations to Sylvain (with
extra thanks, as you'll have to *do* the job now;-)

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Christian Haul dijo:
> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to
>> change the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it
>> looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking
>> over! I'd like to thank the other candidates for offering their time
>> and energy, and be sure to volunteer next year!
>

> A big thanks, indeed, for the volunteers and congratulations to Sylvain.
> I'm sure, you'll do a great job.

+1 :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to
> change the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it
> looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking
> over! I'd like to thank the other candidates for offering their time
> and energy, and be sure to volunteer next year!

A big thanks, indeed, for the volunteers and congratulations to Sylvain.
I'm sure, you'll do a great job.

    Chris.

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 07.06.2004 11:28, Steven Noels wrote:

> Anyway, it looks  like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez

Congratulations, Sylvain. I look forward to another successful year for
the Cocoon project.

Joerg