Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/15 23:01:24 UTC

Re: PHP5.3.6

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> PHP5.3.6 was just released, and the Windows binaries are built with VC9, meaning that it won't work with our Windows binaries. I know that it's been discussed before, and there's a plan to move to VC9, but as of last week, the official PHP build doesn't run with the official Apache httpd build. The PHP website recommends that folks use the Apache Lounge build.

I just got mod_fcgid to build under MinGW, of course tried phpinfo()
as the "hello world" of FastCGI as far as I'm concerned, did so using
the binary build from php.net, noticed the "Compiler 	MSVC9 (Visual
C++ 2008) " row in the pretty table, and recalled this thread.

FastCGI is a way to get us out of all sorts of dark alleys; let's be
sure to keep it in mind as one of the tools to address binary
compatibility issues, PHP-centered or not.

Re: PHP5.3.6

Posted by Pierre Joye <pi...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Akins, Brian <Br...@turner.com> wrote:
> On 4/15/11 6:11 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h....@thelounge.net> wrote:
>

>> Am 15.04.2011 23:01, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
>>
>>> FastCGI is a way to get us out of all sorts of dark alleys; let's be
>>> sure to keep it in mind as one of the tools to address binary
>>> compatibility issues, PHP-centered or not
>>
>> but you can not use .htaccess with cgi
>
> .htaccess works just fine with FastCGI.  .htaccess is handled by Apache as
> normal.  FastCGI is just a different way to run the PHP interpreter in this
> case.

No, php's directive does not work when PHP is used via FastCGI. But
the .user.ini feature in 5.3 (ported from pecl's htscanner) does.

Also I disagree that FastCGI is the best thing on earth for php/other
on windows. But that's another story :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre

Re: PHP5.3.6

Posted by "Akins, Brian" <Br...@turner.com>.
On 4/15/11 6:11 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h....@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 15.04.2011 23:01, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
>
>> FastCGI is a way to get us out of all sorts of dark alleys; let's be
>> sure to keep it in mind as one of the tools to address binary
>> compatibility issues, PHP-centered or not
>
> but you can not use .htaccess with cgi

.htaccess works just fine with FastCGI.  .htaccess is handled by Apache as
normal.  FastCGI is just a different way to run the PHP interpreter in this
case.

--
Brian Akins

Re: PHP5.3.6

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.
Am 15.04.2011 23:01, schrieb Jeff Trawick:

> FastCGI is a way to get us out of all sorts of dark alleys; let's be
> sure to keep it in mind as one of the tools to address binary
> compatibility issues, PHP-centered or not

but you can not use .htaccess with cgi

what is the main reason using apache/php on windows?
testing for developers using windows

i'm sure that many developers out there are affected even
i do not understand why anybody is using apache/php on windows
instead installing a linzx-vm for development