Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marc Salvetti <ma...@notremanou.net> on 2004/12/21 05:16:58 UTC

Namespaces not saved in XML serializer ?

Hello,

I have problems saving a form back to a document with the saveDocument()
function of the form2xml example.

    var document = loadDocument("cruise.xml");
    // bind the document data to the form
    form.load(document);
    // show the form to the user until it is validated successfully
    form.showForm(displayPipeline);

    // bind the form's data back to the document
    form.save(document);

    //Check the namespace is in the dom tree (it is)
    print(document.getDocumentElement().getNamespaceURI());

    // save the DOM-tree back to an XML file
    saveDocument(document, "cruise1.xml");
    cocoon.sendPage(successPipeline);

Then when i open the file, the namespace disapeared !

Anyone know about this ? i've read posts about similar problems on older
versions of cocoon (i'm using 2.1.5.1 with tomcat 5 and java 1.4.2_03),
but it seemed to concern only a few people, and i didn't find any
solution...
I find it hard to believe that there is such a big problem in the
serializer, then i assume i must i've missed something on the way...

Regards,

Marc