Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2018/02/23 00:07:42 UTC

Broken build?

My latest precheckin failed to compile with the following. This is on a
branch that I rebased on latest develop HEAD. Has this already been fixed?

:gemfire-test:compileTestJava/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/parReg/execute/FunctionServiceTest.java:500:
error: cannot find symbol
          keySet.addAll(((PartitionedRegion) aRegion).getSomeKeys(rand));
                                                     ^
  symbol:   method getSomeKeys(Random)
  location: class PartitionedRegion
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/parReg/execute/FunctionServiceTest.java:501:
error: cannot find symbol
          keySet.addAll(((PartitionedRegion) aRegion).getSomeKeys(rand));
                                                     ^
  symbol:   method getSomeKeys(Random)
  location: class PartitionedRegion
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/parReg/execute/FunctionServiceTest.java:502:
error: cannot find symbol
          keySet.addAll(((PartitionedRegion) aRegion).getSomeKeys(rand));
                                                     ^
  symbol:   method getSomeKeys(Random)
  location: class PartitionedRegion
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/parReg/execute/HAExceptionHandlingTest.java:301:
error: cannot find symbol
      filterSet = ((PartitionedRegion) region).getSomeKeys(new Random(20));
                                              ^
  symbol:   method getSomeKeys(Random)
  location: class PartitionedRegion
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/parReg/execute/HAExceptionHandlingTest.java:586:
error: cannot find symbol
              new HashSet(((PartitionedRegion) region).getSomeKeys(new
Random(20)));
                                                      ^
  symbol:   method getSomeKeys(Random)
  location: class PartitionedRegion
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/parReg/execute/HAExceptionHandlingTest.java:697:
error: cannot find symbol
          keySet = ((PartitionedRegion) region).getSomeKeys(new Random(20));
                                               ^
  symbol:   method getSomeKeys(Random)
  location: class PartitionedRegion
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/distcache/rest/RESTCache.java:96:
error: constructor RestAgent in class RestAgent cannot be applied to given
types;
      ra = new RestAgent(cache.getInternalDistributedSystem().getConfig(),
null);
           ^
  required: DistributionConfig
  found: DistributionConfig,<null>
  reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
/tmp/build/ae3c03f4/gemfire/closed/gemfire-test/src/test/java/restTest/RestConfigHelper.java:95:
error: constructor RestAgent in class RestAgent cannot be applied to given
types;
        ra = new RestAgent(gfci.getInternalDistributedSystem().getConfig(),
null);
             ^

Re: Broken build?

Posted by Patrick Rhomberg <pr...@pivotal.io>.
I got a similar issue a while back.  It was something weird about gradle
caching, I think.

If you're using `./gradlew clean installDist`, try using a pass of
`./gradlew clean build` instead.  That cleared it up for me.

Re: Broken build?

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Nevermind...