Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Daniccan VP <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/25 10:25:46 UTC

Kafka - Consumer Offset Reset Automatically

Hi Users,

While using Apache Kafka with a Java API High Level Consumer, I get the
following error sometimes,

WARNpool-1-thread-4 Auto-commit of offsets
{my_topic-2=OffsetAndMetadata{offset=53847, metadata=''}} failed for group
my_consumer_group: Offset commit failed with a retriable exception. You
should retry committing offsets. The underlying error was: This is not the
correct coordinator.

Whenever this error occurs, the consumer offsets are reset to a earlier
value, and the records which have already been consumed are getting
consumed again.

My Kafka version 0.11.0.0. I have 3 Kafka Brokers. The number of partitions
for my topic is 3. The number of partitions for the consumer offsets is 50
(default value). The replication factor of Consumer Offsets is 2.

Is this a bug in 0.11.0.0 ? or am I missing any configuration ?

Thanks.

Daniccan VP