Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Doyle <li...@balancesoftware.com> on 2002/08/29 08:27:30 UTC

[users@httpd] POST data fails to invoke CGI?

Hello,

    This message is intentionally terse so as not to waste your time :)

    - I am running apache httpd v2.0.40

    - I have two CGIs (printenv and test-cgi) that ship with apache
      in the /cgi-bin/ directory.  These CGIs *WORK CORRECTLY* if
      invoked as a direct URL from a browser.

    - I have created an HTML page with a form that specifies as
      the "action" tag the full URL to the test-cgi CGI.  The form
      method is "POST".

    - When I type some data into the form and hit the submit button,
      the CGI is never called.  I have tried having the form call both
      of the test CGIs (with the same aberrant results).

    - Running tcpshow demonstrates that a connection is established to the
      web server and the form data is sent.

    - The error log for the connection attempt reads:

[<time>] [error] [client <addr>] (104)Connection reset by peer:
ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed, referer:
http://path.to/my_form.php

    Can anyone help me figure out why the CGIs aren't running when called
from the form?

Thanks very much in advance!

Brian Doyle
Balance Software, Inc.