Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by srinir <ur...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/09 01:45:55 UTC

disabled omitNorms in index but still see default value

Hi

We have a huge index with more than 50 million documents. In the beginning
we disabled norms for some fields by setting omitNorms=true. Recently we
decided to add norms to few other fields and we removed omitNorms=true from
schema.

I read in solr forum that if one of the document in any segment has
omitNorms=true, during the next merge its copied to all documents. I am
confused by this design. what is the purpose behind this behavior ?

Looks like we need to wipe the index and start fresh, if we have to enable
omitNorms for a field.

Thanks
Srini