Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Christophe Ney <ch...@objectweb.org> on 2004/06/01 10:52:54 UTC

RE: secure pot for geronimo JVM

Holger,

ProActive is an open source project from the  INRIA/OASIS lab,
the source is available in the download. It is very high tech
project that resulted research work conducted by the OASIS
group, but the code base has been broadly deployed, and the
software is now quite mature (see project docs)

As you can imagine, this kind of project is really driven by
a single team and CVS was not very  attrative to them as they
were refactoring quite a lot. SVN is what they need, so
we are setting it up  (does this ring any bell? :-) )

Looking at security, ObjectWeb would be very happy to set-up
collaboration on Security with Apache, and we should be able
to accomodate licensing for the parts that are of common interest
(change to BSD is what we have already  been able to achieve for
ASM and JOTM).

Thanks,
Christophe

Christophe Ney
Executive Director
ObjectWeb Consortium

ctive/doc-
files/Security.html

I am on the way to evaluate it for having a secure, signed, non-vandalising
wrapper to have a either paranoid SecurityManager environment or the default
open-door startup environment for gero.

Especially StartSecureNode could not be find by me in the (LGPLed) source
downloads. AFAIK anonymous cvs is not available.

Package names start with org.objectweb - so i was thinking ...

thanks alot

bax