Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/20 20:20:04 UTC

provenance of source under patches/systemvm/debian

Hi folks:

I was working on license headers today and came across some stuff in
patches/systemvm/debian.

The xe directory contains a number of xe tools, and when I run git log
I get the following:

commit 2f634c09137ae756af6b46ef3cd61eae9d5b57ac
Author: frank <fr...@citrix.com>
Date:   Tue Apr 3 04:50:05 2012 -0700

    Switch to Apache license

commit ccd39e88f6450cef41a21ac38201efb8e658ecf7
Author: Chiradeep Vittal <ch...@cloud.com>
Date:   Thu Oct 21 11:31:24 2010 -0700

    add xs-tools scripts

xs-tools comes from upstream Xen I presume - and I am guessing that we
can't just blindly switch the license as we did on 4/3 - so my
questions are:

1. Did this code come from xs-tools
2. If 1 is true, what was the license under which they were originally licensed?
3. Have we modified these tools at all?
4. Are we going to try and convince upstream to relicense for us
(assuming it is a prohibited license), or???

RE: provenance of source under patches/systemvm/debian

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.
Sheng yang can work on this.

Anthony

Posted by Ewan Mellor <Ew...@eu.citrix.com>.