Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/17 23:24:35 UTC

Limits of Document Size at SolrCloud and Faced Problems with Large Size of Documents

Currently I hafer over 50+ millions documents at my index and as I mentiod
before at another question I have some problems while indexing (jetty EOF
exception) I know that problem may not be about index size but just I want
to learn that is there any limit for document size at Solr that if I exceed
it I can have some problems? I am not talking about the theoretical limit.

What are the maximim index size for folks and what they to handle heavy
index rate when having millions of documents. What tuning strategies they
do?

PS: I have 18 machines, 9 shards, each machine has 48 GB RAM and I use Solr
4.2.1 for my SolrCloud.

Re: Limits of Document Size at SolrCloud and Faced Problems with Large Size of Documents

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You're probably exceeding the size that your servlet container allows.
This assumes you're using curl or some such. You can change it.
How big is the document and how are you sending it to Solr?

Best,
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Ahhhh, good to know Shawn...

Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You're probably exceeding the size that your servlet container allows.
This assumes you're using curl or some such. You can change it.
How big is the document and how are you sending it to Solr?

Best,
Erick

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi