Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Vikram KR <vk...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/05 09:50:58 UTC

MiniFi

Hi,
  Is it possible to monitor and manage the MiniFi agents that connect to
NiFi server  from a the NiFi Server UI?

Regards,
Vikram

Re: MiniFi

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikram,

This is not currently possible.  There has been some initial work and some
discussion on C2 capabilities that are in progress of being designed/built
out [1][2].  There is heartbeating and providing operations for an agent to
carry out that has an initial implementation in C++.  There is a
corresponding ticket to extend the current C2 Server [3] to support that
and would establish some nice foundation to build upon.

I would encourage you to evaluate those resources and feel free to add any
thoughts or comments on what is being worked.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org//confluence/display/MINIFI/C2+Design+Proposal
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINIFI/MiNiFi+Community+Driven+Requirements
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-401