Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yun peng <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/26 23:44:30 UTC

Could not find my address in the list of ZooKeeper quorum servers

Hi, All,
I have a HBase cluster run with property hbase.zookeeper.quorum set to be
hostname "node3". When HBase starts, Zookeeper can not properly starts and
it throws,

  java.io.Exception: Could not find my address: pc270.xxx in the list of
Zookeeper quorum servers

I have node3 configured in /etc/hosts, as follows,

  10.1.1.5        node3-lan0 node3-0 node3

pc270.xxx is the IP address the same node used in (another) global network.
If I change hbase.zookeeper.quorum to be pc270.xxx as suggested by
here<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Troubleshooting>,
it works. However, I don't
want to use that global network, but rather want to use the local network
(10.1.1.5 or node3) for HBase/Zookeeper to communicate. Is there any
workaround for this? Any comments
are appreciated.

Regards,
Yun

Re: Could not find my address in the list of ZooKeeper quorum servers

Posted by yun peng <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply, yes, it works if I use IP address.
regards,
Yun

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.