Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stephen Elmer <St...@ccotrust.nhs.uk> on 2005/07/29 21:28:08 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi scripts not running

I cannot get my cgi scripts to run; the script is displayed in the web
browser instead.

I presume the problem is that the cgi directory is not recognised as a
directory containing scripts.

I have checked  httpd.conf for:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/  “/var/www/cgi-bin/”

I do wonder if this line is being seen, unless I put the entire path in my
script the file cannot be found.

I have also tried adding  AddHandler cgi-script  .cgi

and checked that an Option directive is included:

<Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin/”>

Options ExecCGI

AllowOverride None

Allow from all

Order allow,deny

</Directory>

just to see if that would work, but it does not :-(

I’ve checked that the scripts are set as executable and are executable by
others (i.e. everyone)

I’ve run apachectl configtest gives Syntax ok

What I’m I doing wrong, any suggestion would be most greatly appreciated!

I am using Fedora Core 3, Apache 2.0

Many thanks

Stephen