Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/13 18:52:18 UTC

RE: Pros and cons of Oracle db as Airflow SqlAlchemy backend

Mehmet, for what it’s worth. I don’t know anyone who uses oracledb for an airflow backend, and I’m pretty certain it’s not high on the committer/PMC radar so you might be on your own for any in-depth debugging.

via Newton Mail [https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=dx&cv=10.0.32&pv=10.14.5&source=email_footer_2]
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 9:09 AM, Shaw, Damian P. <da...@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
Hi Mehmet,

I tried using Oracle as back-end when I first worked with Airflow and quickly realized it would require significant patching of the Airflow initdb script to ever get to work. Further there are no test cases or support for any issues encountered while using Oracle.

Regards
Damian