Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Frank Laughlin <fr...@digitonium.com> on 2004/12/09 09:15:04 UTC

Force Numerical Places in _HITS_ tag?

I apologize in advance seeing the rather detailed nature of this list,
but I've been searching for a way to pad out the numerical places
listed by SA in the _HITS_ tag. If I could for a leading zero in front
of results less than 10, I could sort mail by subject and quickly scan
for mail that is more possibly erroneously tagged, ie: 04.2 vs 4.2, so
the 04.2 will be at the top of the list, and not mixed in with the
40's.

Thanks for any help, or pointing me to a possible source of info.

- Frank Laughlin

----[ Digitonium
----[ DVD, internet, video
----[ frank@digitonium.com
----[ http://www.digitonium.com
----[ 818/434-9422
----[ LA Chapter President, DVD Association (http://www.dvda.org)

Re: Force Numerical Places in _HITS_ tag?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
As Matt Kettler replied to me when I asked about it on the 12th:
----8<---
In SA 3.0.x you can.. From the man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf manpage:

  _SCORE(PAD)_      message score, if PAD is included and is either spaces
or
                    zeroes, then pad scores with that many spaces or zeroes
                    (default, none)  ie: _SCORE(0)_ makes 2.4 become 02.4,
                    _SCORE(00)_ is 002.4.  12.3 would be 12.3 and 012.3
                    respectively.
----8<---

{^_^}   (Thanks, Matt.)

Posted by Frank Laughlin <fr...@digitonium.com>.

Posted by Frank Laughlin <fr...@digitonium.com>.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I apologize in advance seeing the rather detailed nature of this list,
> but I've been searching for a way to pad out the numerical places
> listed by SA in the _HITS_ tag. If I could for a leading zero in front
> of results less than 10, I could sort mail by subject and quickly scan
> for mail that is more possibly erroneously tagged, ie: 04.2 vs 4.2, so
> the 04.2 will be at the top of the list, and not mixed in with the
> 40's.

Upgrade to 3.0, where the word is _SCORE(n)_, and where various values of
the 'n' parameter can do various things, including exactly what you want.

BTW, which version are you running now?  On 2.63/2.64 the 10s digit of
_HITS_ *is* padded with a leading zero.  You only have problems when the
score goes to 3 digits.

Perhaps you are running some other program that does its own header
formatting and ignores the markup that SA does?

        Loren